Monday, February 11, 2013

For the Teachers....

Today I want to say thank you to all the teachers out there.
For all that you do for all these kids that aren't even your own.
For all the time, energy, love, efforts, kindness and patience that you pour out.
For doing it 5 days a week....for mostly 10 months of every year.
For continuing to go to school and teach even when the kids are driving you crazy.
 
We made the choice to homeschool this year...and I don't regret it one bit...it has
been an amazing experience and adventure for the kids and I.
But let me tell you something...it's not for the faint of heart.
Especially when you have kids that would rather be playing instead of trying
to concentrate on reading, writing, and arithmetic. {isn't that over 75% of kids!?!?!}
Or have a hard time grasping the
concept of things because their attention span won't sit still. {isn't this why schools started adding
paraprofessionals to classrooms and now many schools are having to cut that very same position?}
 
I love our kids, I love that we made this choice to educate them....
but I have also gained a whole new appreciation
for these amazing teachers out there. The ones that have made the choice to give your kids an education day after day after day after day.....so that you don't have to do it.
 
The next time you think that teachers have it easy...I ask you to try an experiment.
Try keeping your child or children home with you for 2 weeks. Try teaching them all their lessons.
Try getting them to listen and comprehend 5 days a week. Then I ask you to try another experiment.
Try adding 15-20 more kids and teaching them as well. Then I want you to try that experiment for 10 months of the year. Then I want you to tell me how easy teachers have it.
And tell me again that they don't deserve a break during the summer.
 
Thank you...thank you...thank you...to all the teachers. You are one of a kind.
And this world is a better place because of you!!

No comments: