Saturday, January 12, 2013

MONKEY BEDTIME STORIES

1-I watched the sweetest thing ever. The kids had went across the street to play at the neighbors. I looked out the window in time to watch Ellie......sweet, brave little 5 year old girl... hold the neighbor's dog while Gabe...our sensitive cautious (very scared of dogs) 6 year old boy crept along the outside of the house trying to get past the dog. I watched as she talked him thru it, kept encouraging him, and slowly, he made his way past the dog. I had a proud Mama moment while I thought of all the times they have argued and not gotten along....it's good to catch these moments in action too. I have a feeling this sweet chick might just toughen her big brother up :)

2- Gabe and PapaMonkey were wrestling.....all of a sudden Gabe yells :"What???? How did that happen?? I just gave myself a wet wooly!!!"

3- Aubrie walking around the house saying: "Oh tooooooodles! Oh toodles!"

4- Gabe and Ellie inventing a new song. Then telling me: "We have to sing this  new pretty song for Daddy when we get home!" So they do...they sit him down, then they stand in front of him and start belting out: "Oompa-loompa-dooba-a-dee-doo.....I have a smelly fart for you!" Then they turn around, shake their hineys, and make loud farting noises with their mouths. We laughed so so hard....we have no idea where they come up with their shenanigans :)

5-I catch Aubrie picking her nose.....I get after her and tell her that's just nasty and not ok....She looks at me and exclaims: "Mommy! Babyfood in my nose!!!!" really....that's what they call it now days???

No comments: