Thursday, January 17, 2013

LOVE

Ellie....who just turned 5.....was doing her spelling the other day. She can sound out and spell many 3 letter words. She did probably 20 words correctly on her own, then said, "Mommy, don't look...I have one more word to spell for you." When she was done, she handed her paper to me with a huge smile. At the bottom of all her words she wrote: LOVE. I was shocked....I asked her how she knew how to spell that word when we have not done any 4 letter words yet, let alone the silent 'e'. Her reply: "I just know Mommy.....I see that word every day on a picture in the bathroom. It's my favorite word!"
Isn't that the truth....when we see and feel "LOVE".....we just know. It's not always gonna be "ooey-gooey" and all "romantical".....but the human heart is an amazing thing. It knows LOVE.....and it's what keeps us going in this place called life. <3 p="p">

No comments: