Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Love it Forward-2013

As I fed the littles their supper tonite and filled their plates full...something caught in my heart as I thought of the all littles out there that may not be getting supper tonite. Snapshots in a faraway place in my mind reappeared as I vividly remembered watching little sweet faces eat rice and beans for 3 meals a day in a far away country. The excitement on their faces as we shared our treats a...nd gave them candy. As I tucked mine in to their beds tonite....and looked around their room at all their "stuff"...a part of my heart hurt a little bit. How many little ones are out there tonite...hurting...crying...sad...broken...hungry? How many who don't have a Daddy and a Mommy to tuck them in? How many are being forgotten? I want our kids to know the important things in life. I want to leave a legacy of love and not "stuff". I think 2013 is gonna be a year of "loving it forward" for the monkies :)

No comments: