Sunday, January 20, 2013

Love and Beauty

The other day I met a beautiful woman. As we talked about this and that she informed me she was so excited to be having the stomach shrinking surgery very soon. She didn't meet the qualifications medically so her doctor told her if she gained 15 lbs extra she would qualify....so she did. She gained the extra lbs. As we talked about it, I couldn't help but feel so sad. People....she was beautiful....I hadn't even noticed her extra weight. All I knew she had the kindest and sweetest personality, long dark hair, big dark eyes, and seriously...just beautiful. Then she said the words I'll never forget...."Honey, I'm single and I've got 2 big things going against me. #1-I've got 2 kids. #2-I'm chubby. I have to do this. I need this."

I'm angry....I'm angry what Hollywood, society, and magazines have done. I'm angry that we as a whole can't get our act together and tell people they are beautiful just as they are. I'm angry that so many girls struggle to feel good enough. I'm angry that so many women are heartbroken because they their true beauty isn't being appreciated.

Yes, losing weight is a good thing. Yes, eating healthy and exercising is an even better thing. But the best thing?!?!?!?! It's simple:

LOVE PEOPLE for who they are....not their body shape or size.
 LOVE people for their personalities and for who they are dreaming to be someday.
LOVE people for their hearts and remind them how beautiful they truly are.
Because we all need to hear it. And we all need LOVE.

No comments: