Saturday, January 5, 2013

Life and Love

This mama had a very angry heart this morning when a migraine ruined our plans to hang out with amazing friends and team mates today. But tonite, at the supper table, when Gabe said to BabyMonkey: "You can't have any more bananas tonite because you will get plugged up so bad!!!" My heart softened a little bit. When we did a couple workbook pages together and he wizzed right thru them and then told... me, "Thank you Mommy for helping me do my school work good" he NEVER EVER does this...my hard heart cracked a little bit more. When I tucked the girls in, Ellie asked me to rub her back and Aubrie asked me to rock her...so I did both. Aubrie looked up me when I was tucking her in and said: "I love you Mommy honey bunny." When I got done and went to walk out of their rooms, Ellie sat up in bed, opened her arms, hugged me tight, and said "Thank you for rubbing my back Mommy, I love you so much" Don't get me wrong, we think we have awesome kids, but they arn't always this polite and thankful. my heart just couldn't take any more.....the anger left...and I knew at that moment that God is going to teach me alot more about life and love through these little monkies than any adult I've ever met.

No comments: