Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Smile for Today...

Things that made me smile this morning:

1- Ellie girl climbing into bed with me, snuggling up, and whispering me awake with: "Mommy?
Can we play the game 'What do our pillows say'?" I can't say no to her irrestible cuteness and so we proceed with our own little invention: Wrapping our pillows around our face, pretending to "listen" to what our pillow said....taking turns, seeing who's pillow says the silliest thing. { like:"My pillow says  there are 4 little squirrels playing across the street up on Emma's roof, having a tea party!" "Well my pillow says there are 5 little butterflys washing the windows at Amy's house!"}love these moments with her. :)

2- Stopping BabyMonkey this morning to say, "Hey, you're beautiful!" She doesn't miss a beat and her smartypants voice replies, "No, Mommy! You bootiful!!" :)

3- Mustaches and Love.....http://www.aholyexperience.com/2012/11/how-beards-men-random-acts-of-kindness-can-change-the-world/

4- Gabe opening up the front door to feel the temperature outside to see what he should wear today :)He opens it just a little bit, sticks his hand out, opens it further, sticks his whole arm out, opens it all the way and does a little dance on the porch and comes back in with a big smile on his face :)

5- Stickers all over my pants from a monkey playing at my feet :)

6- Sunshine, Christmas lights, Alan Jackson Christmas music in the background, Mocha Swirl Hazelnut Coffee, and Pepperidge Farm creme filled French Vanilla pirouettes :)

7- Texts that make my heart skip a beat from the man who loves me despite all my flaws and continues to be my bestest friend after all these years....and who loves to show our kids that part of being "in love" is Daddy & Mommy having fun together :)

8- Thinking of last night....our little boy growing up too fast, making 2 shots at his basketball game and then a 3rd right as the buzzer sounded :)

9- Ellie going to refill her water cup and exclaiming "Who dumped glitter in my cup?!?!!? I can't drink glitter! That little Miss Aubrie did it I bet!!!!"

10- http://youtu.be/9fVx2c2Ojjs ....favorite song right now :)


No comments: