Friday, December 7, 2012

I Could Not Ask For More

Drinking hot chocolate with marshmellows, folding laundry, cleaning the kitchen and bathrooms, doing addition, subtraction, spelling,reading, cuddling, BabyMonkey attempting to cut her own hair,
listening to Philip Philips, Candy Land, movies by christmas lights,
 popcorn and chocolate caramel bailey's was not on the agenda for our fun friday night.
 But i've discovered when kids get sick, laying down on the floor ..... kicking and screaming... doesn't change things...and doesn't make the kids get better quicker.
 However, I realize as I watch BabyMonkey line up the CandyLand gingerbread men ..... talk to them in her high pitched voice she uses when she talks to babies & then brings out her bossypants voice to order them "back to bed" in the cardboard box....that someday these moments will be long gone. As I listen to Gabe using big words and phrases on his computer game...I'm grateful that he's only 6 and not 16 yet...out and about on a Friday night with his friends. As I watch Ellie push her long, beautiful hair out of her face, all cuddled up with her blankets...I'm thankful she's feeling better after a rough last night....and that she's ok with her Mama being overprotective and hovering while she heals.
When they are all tucked in and the house is quiet again....I realize that it really was a good friday night....
"that these are the moments I'll thank God that I'm alive
And every prayer has been answered
Every dream I've had's come true
Yeah, right here in this moment
Is right where I'm meant to be
These are the moments I thank God that I'm alive
These are the moments I'll remember all my life
I've found all I've waited for
And I could not ask for more."

1 comment:

Margaret Holden said...

Exactly!! You got it kiddo, LOVE every minute, every minute, of it, because you will blink, and they will have grown up and moved on. BUT you will NEVER, EVER, regret the time that you are home now! Being there Mom, teacher, nurse and most of all YOU and Jason are raising you kids, in His glory, that is so big. Keep up the great work! Love you