Tuesday, November 13, 2012

MonkeyStory #602

Gabe and I on our lunchdate today:
Gabe: "Mommy, I want you to take me to the car place and get a real life car."
Me: "Oh really?"
Gabe: "Yeah! Just take me there and I'll pick out my favorite car and they can
keep it for me at the fixer upper place until I'm old enough to drive it!"
Me: "Well how will you get the car?"
Gabe {with a confused look}: "They will just give it to me!"
Me: "Oh right! Actually no! you have to give them money before you can have a car."
Gabe: "well I have a dollar I can give them."
Me: "It takes lotsa dollars my dear."
Gabe: "Well how will I ever get my favorite car then????!!!"
And so began monkeylesson #2,987....we start our chore chart for pennies tomorrow :)
And guess who's excited?!?!? Yup.....he can't wait to wake up and start his chore list.....and this Mama is pretty stinkin' excited too :) Merry Christmas to me :)

Tonite, tucking the girls in......{and then tucking them back in for the 20th time because they keep thinking it's ok to have 30 second dance parties every 10 minutes...in the hallway...in the bathroom...on the stairs...in Gabe's room.} I was getting pretty frustrated....I may have been using my mean MamaMonkey voice at that point.....and then before I know what has happened {I was bending over by the bed and giving them one last kiss after the threatening IF YOU DON'T STAY IN BED YOU WILL BE GROUNDED FROM THE COMPUTER AND MOVIES TOMORROW!} BabyMonkey hops up on my back in a split second, grabs my shirt, and says, "Giddyup horsey!"then leans down and gets close to my face and gives me that "melt my heart onery grin" with another "go horsey!!!" I freeze and just look at Ellie in disbelief. I mean, I had just got done being mean mom, they had been in tears and she's playing horsey with me now?!?!!? Ellie busts into uncontrollable giggles and the fearless little monkey strips me of my tough mama act. I gave up after that....PapaMonkey's got the next shift :) I have hot chocolate and pumpkin cake with frosting, white christmas lights, warm blankets, and a good book awaiting me!

No comments: