Thursday, October 25, 2012

Things that made me smile today:



1-One of my very young piano students saying: "oh yeah I know this song!" student starts singing as we play: "Away in a manger the cattle are dead...." Um....well that wasn't quite the song I learned!


2- I hear Ellie saying: "Ok Aubrie, I'll be right back, you get all your ABC's done while I'm gone and I'll check them when I'm back." I go to investigate and wait hidden around the corner...soon Ellie comes back, Aubrie has a pencil in her hand and she is trying to write just like Ellie. Sweet deal....looks like BabyMonkey will be monkeyschooled by her big sis at the amazing age of 2 1/2 :)


3- Gabe tonite keeps asking me when I'm going to make his "smashed potatoes"


4- 2 nights in a row of a sit down family supper: Tonite was Honey barbecue chicken strips & buffalo chicken strips, mashed garlic/buttery potatoes, buttered broccoli, all natural Applegate Farms chicken nuggets and tator tots........dessert led to my #5


5- New epic recipe that I created and would like to call Chocolate Chip Peek-a-Boo cookie bars.....oh yum...


6- For the first time ever after 1 year of practicing, Gabe wrote our last name super super neat and not allllllllllllll over the stinkin' page.....and he did it 10 times.....I don't dance, but yes, there are some occasions where I do the happy dance and this was one of them :)




7- I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE every single one of my piano students and never get tired of hearing them play. And call me crazy but I don't get tired of listening to the same music played over and over. However, can I just tell you what is my all time favoritest thing ever?!? In the evenings...when this amazing /handsome man sits down and plays piano.....one of the most amazing musicians I have ever met...and one of the most amazing self taught piano students ever. This is the very same man that didn't play piano much until the past couple years so he could accompany his choirs. And now....wow...it stops you in your tracks and you just can't help but listen. (this same man will try to tell you he doesn't really play.) it's hogwash....believe me.....


8- I yell for PapaMonkey: "Hey honey!!!" BabyMonkey comes running around the corner: "What Mommy? I here!" I laugh and say, "A different honey, I'm looking for Daddy!" She frowns and then says with a very serious face and big eyes: "No Mommy! I your honey bunny! not Daddy!"



9- A package that came in the mail from Village of Hope in Guatemala.....a beautiful handmade headband. Would you consider donating today? Our sweet friends moved their family down there and are now serving Jesus and these orphans with their whole hearts. So blessed to hear their stories!

No comments: