Saturday, October 6, 2012

Stepping Stones

 
I love the life we have been blessed with....a steady adventure filled journey. However...I really love when we are given days like today.
 
A soccer game, 2 piano lessons, groceries.......and nothing else scheduled. And even though BabyMonkey is supercrabby with a UTI and a sore throat....I'm enjoying this cup of coffee on the couch.
 
Watching the most handsome man in the world play baseball with the older two in the front yard. Supper is almost ready....Creamed beef over potatoes, corn on the cob, sugar snap peas, cinnamon bread, and cherry cobbler.
 
That same handsome man snuck up behind me a little while ago, put his arms around me, and whispered in my ear that we are putting the kids to bed early and having a date night.
 
Today I'm thankful for this life and these people that I've been given. Not every day is like today. It isn't always easy or smoothsailing....and God knows we've had our share of heartache. We've messed up alot and not always always chosen the right paths to take. But I'm discovering when I choose to be grateful for all these little things then we end up on the right track again. So today, I choose to be thankful for all the rocks along the way....cuz they are being broken into stepping stones towards a beautiful road ahead.
 
 






No comments: