Sunday, September 23, 2012

Monkey bedtime stories


 1-The other morning Ellie says: (I had been gone teaching the night before) "Daddy and I had a problem last night, Mommy." I say,"really? and what was the problem?" She replies:"Well I wanted to sleep on the bottom bed and he wouldn't let me. AInd he broke my heart!" I choked on my coffee and sprayed it everywhere. PapaMonkey's story later was "oh yeah, she sat on her bed, crossed her arms,refused to let me tuck her in and pouted for a good long time. i came to check on her later and asked if she was ready for me to tuck her in. She said, "yes, but I still have a broken heart from you!" where do our kids learn these things?!?!

2-Tucking Gabe in tonite: He asks me again what Heaven is gonna be like. I tell him there will be streets of gold. His eyes get big and he exclaims:" And do little kids get to drive trucks up there??? Little boys like me can drive big trucks on the gold roads all by themselves and fourwheelers and motorcycles?!!?!?" He then informed me he knows that there are witches in hell. And that they get on their brooms on their bare bottoms and fly around. (once again...where do they learn these things if we never talk about them?!!?)
I ask him what he wants to be when he grows up. First he makes me guess about 15 different things then he says, "I want to be a poolboy, a farmer, a chef, a fireman,and tell people about Jesus." This boy is gonna be an amazing man someday :)
He then asks what I want to be when I grow up. I tell him I'm already kinda like grown up. He says, "oh yeah, you are a Mommy already!" I said, "yeah, that's my job....i don't get paid for it...but i really really love it." His eyes get big and he says with disbelief, "Nobody pays you?!!?? Somebody should pay you!!!! Not anyone pays you???" I say,"nope, why?" He says, "well you should! you do alot of stuff!!!! my heart gets huge while he starts difting off to sleep then his eyes pop open and " maybe you could have a lady come clean our house and you could pay her!!" Um what???way to burst my bubble! I lovelovelove this boy :)

No comments: