Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Saying Yes to God

I was so blessed to meet Lysa TerKeurst in real life.

And I've been so blessed by her Bible Study book: "What Happens When Women Say Yes to God"........and blessed to have a book study group that started it together.

But then MamaMonkey had babymonkey #3 and started feeling overwelmed, so we took a break. We are now planning on starting up again in August and I can't wait.
I've missed these group of friends so much, but I've also missed digging into Lysa's book
and learning more about Jesus and His unending love for us.

Back to the purpose of this post: Lysa TerKeurst.....what an annointed woman.
Now I don't put her up on a pedastal because she's a human woman just like you and me.
However, this woman has "said yes to God" time and time again. And that takes humbleness and a servant heart.

That takes the courage to say: "None of me, Jesus, but all of You."

Example: Her and her husband had 3 beautiful little girls and she was content to be done having kids. Then God asked them to adopt 2 boys from Liberia. They said yes and God has blessed them for it.

She has said yes to God every time He has asked her to write a book.....13 times.

If you have time today, read this post.

http://lysaterkeurst.com/2010/07/you-are-not-the-only-one/

And then you tell me it doesn't touch you somewhere in your heart of hearts.

1 comment:

Slightly crooked halo =) said...

Loved it =0) Love you!! Kiss the monkeys...