Saturday, July 24, 2010

The "Hurt Cry"

Three times today my mama heart jumped.....and weirdly.....each time it was a different child.


This morning I was in the bedroom and heard Aubrie scream with a cry I hadn't heard before. And she didn't stop.......I was in the middle of pumping in my "milk parlor" and couldn't very well get up quickly so I yelled at Jase to go to her. He said she had rolled over and twisted one of her arms behind her and was laying on top of it with it pinned down. I think she's fine.......but my heart still jumped at that certain cry that was different from all others.


Middle morning Gabe's eyes started glazing over with a pained look and sure enough, before long, he started crying and holding his tummy, saying it hurt really bad. He did this for hours, so I laid with him until he fell asleep during quiet time. As I laid there, I started dozing off, as did he, but all of a sudden, he let out a hurt cry again, and again....my mama heart jumped. We prayed in Jesus' Name and are gonna keep doing so until we get his poor tummy figured out...we're not gonna let the devil win this battle!!!!


Right before Ellie fell asleep during quiet time, she decided to lean over the side of her crib and try to reach a toy in the play grocery cart next to her bed. I heard that "hurt cry" and went running again. Here she was hung upside down, holding onto the rails for dear life, but not able to pull herself back up in bed.


Tonite as I thought back on the day and was rocking Aubrie......I just heard God saying:
"Child......just as I wire all Mamas (and Daddies) to know their children's whiney cries apart from their hurt cries.....it is the same with Me. As your Heavenly Father, I know each and every one of my children's cries. And I especially hear the "hurt cry". I will come to You every time. I will not leave you comfortless.....I will come to You. I will hold you, child.....I will wipe away your tears. I will never forsake you. I will be there every time to pick you up when you fall down. I will be there every time you feel afraid. I will hold you when you feel no one else loves you and the pain is so great. Because I love you like no one else ever will. And I will be there every time you cry out."


No comments: