Monday, April 12, 2010

Our Life Aroma

Yesterday I had posted the question about the aroma of our life. Is it sweet or burned out?

This question has been going around and around in my head as the past 8 weeks we have adjusted our lives to change. That beautiful change came in the form of Aubrie Grace. Our sweet baby girl that has been such a blessing. However, with a new baby, comes adjustment and change to the life you knew before.

For me, this 3rd baby has more more of an adjustment than the other 2.
Monkey #1....Gabe....was our first, which of course it's a HUGE adjustment, but yet the anticipation of it being your first makes all else fade away.
Monkey #2....Ellie....began growing in my womb when monkey #1 was 8 mths old.
So naturally, adjustment came......but we were already in "baby season" so it really didn't seem much different.
Monkey #3....Aubrie came along when older monkies were ages 3 and 2.....not really babies anymore. We had gotten into quite the groove of life, they were both pretty self sufficient, were best buddies.....we just had a nice routine going. Imagine my surprise that 3 monkies ARE actually more work than just 2 ;) I am loving every minute of it.

HOWEVER.....I find myself so much busier that my prayer life and times with Jesus have been few and far between. And when this MamaMonkey doesn't put this into her schedule of life....
her life begins to have not such a sweet aroma anymore.

So this question keeps going around and around in my head: Is my life still giving a sweet aroma to those around me and is it a sweet offering to Jesus? Or is it stinky? and burned out? Well......to those in my immediate household......they would tell you stinky. I have been impatient, angry, short-tempered, grouchy way too many times in the last 8 weeks.

Today, I came upon this devotion:
http://proverbs31devotions.blogspot.com/2010/04/attitude-adjustment.html
I don't believe in coincendences.....I believe in God communicating to us in all the
little details.....because He loves us that much. If our ears and eyes are open...we will
see and hear what all He has for us.

And as far as adjustments go......the best part of the harder adjustment is that the 2 older monkies are actually quite a help..... they are so good at running and sticking Aubrie's passy back in her mouth when she's crying. WHAT.A.BLESSING ;)

No comments: