Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Funnies & Heartaches

So amidst the sadness of losing Paw-Paw Doc and taking care of all the arrangements, etc....
and Jason being in the last 2 weeks before their musical performance.....and Aubrie still having eating issues.......
God is blessing us with sunny days and our little monkies that keep us smiling thru it all.


The other day Ellie came running into the living room where I was feeding Aubrie.
She had white stuff all over her shirt and was trying to tell me something serious
in her jibber jabber. She led me to the kitchen where the fridge door was wide open
and they had gotten into a little container of ranch dressing.

When I asked her and Gabe who made the mess, they immediately at the same time
pointed to each other with big eyes. Gabe said, "Ellie did it!" and Ellie said, "Bubb!!" (this is what she calls Gabe) I asked them again who did it. Same response, then Gabe says,
"Ellie! Tell the truth!!!" *SIGH* sometimes the monkies listen.....sometimes ;)
I just had to laugh, because Ellie still isn't talking in sentences at all, in fact, she really doesn't
have more than 20 good words she can say.

In fact, some days.......I will just get frustrated and tell her not to talk to me unless she
can go find and interpreter and bring him with her. *SIGH* I know, one day, she's gonna
start talking and she probably will never shut up. And then we'll be thankful for these days ;)


Today, I told Gabe to come with me in the bathroom and got out the fingernail clippers and
pulled him on my lap. Before I got the chance to tell him what I was going to do, he said,
"Mommy, are you going to cut my FINGERTAILS???"

Aubrie is really starting to respond more with coos, giggles, and smiles......
All these make the heartache a little bit less.

And everytime I get all choked up and wish that I would have taken the kids more
often to see Paw-Paw Doc these past 2 months.....someone reminds me that it's
understandable because I have a 3 and 2 yr old and a 2 mth old. And I was making
meals 3 mornings a week in my kitchen for the clinic, then 4 afternoons a week
I was teaching piano.And they tell me Doc understood.


And everytime I think about the fact that Aubrie will never know her Paw-Paw Doc....
someone reminds me that she will thru us, our stories, pictures, and the memories.

An everytime I get angry that he didn't take better care of himself, so he could be with
us longer.....I remind myself.....but oh....he's so much better where he is now. Why would
I so selfishly want to keep him any longer on this earth?

Because dancing on the streets of gold and playing God's big ol piano upstairs is FAR outa
this world better than anything here.

And then I smile.....and the monkies do another funny.
And the heart aches a little less.

2 comments:

Sara T said...

Praying for you! Please let me know if I can help in any way shape or form. Love you!

mjvan said...

I've been thinking about you guys. . . We'll keep praying! Love You!