Friday, January 8, 2010

I Shoulda Known...

So......because I like to be a fun MamaMonkey.....all winter long, I have been letting the monkies play with snow in the kitchen. (Partially because the cold makes my back hurt so much worse and I don't have the energy to bundle them up, take them out, supervise, and come back in.)
So the picture above usually keeps them occupied for a long time with not TOO much fighting ;)
Until this morning....I heard giggling and a funny sound.
Yes, exactly what I thought.....the sound of snowballs hitting a wall.
When I came around the corner I saw Gabe hauling off another round at the basement wall.
There were water trickles running down a HUGE PORTION of the wall. *sigh*
I shoulda known......a new activity will ALWAYS get boring eventually.
Time to get more creative and come up with something else.
No one ever told me that being a Mom involves thinking hard....OFTEN!

5 comments:

Kim said...

I've been using your trick...and it seems to be a hit here...I'll have to watch out for the snowballs in the future. :-)

jg said...

Sorry Laura, but this is just FUNNY! Made me laugh!

JoEllen

SLP said...

I gotta remember this fun for David and Nate next week! Too funny with the snowballs! Did you get a new table? Wasn't your a circle? Getting closer for that precious baby 3!!!!!!!!!!!

Kim said...

Um, let NOah play with snow last night per first post...he totally winged a snowball at Callie who was playing in the living room. Thought of you. :-)

mjvan said...

I've thought about bringing some in .. . not so sure now. :) At least it is just water!?!?!