Thursday, December 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Jesus

"For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. " Isaiah 9:6

Wonderful Counselor:
He is a supernatural counselor, bringing words of eternal life and perfect wisdom.


Mighty God:
He will have victory over evil.


Everlasting Father:
He is my Father: forever guarding, supplying, and caring for my needs.


Prince of Peace:
He brings peace in the fullest sense. We can know His peace now as individuals, but one day the whole world will experience it as well.


I need all of this in my life: perfect wisdom, victory over evil, someone to care for my needs, and peace in the fullest sense. He came so that I might have it. He is all these things so I can have all these things through Him. As we approach the day of celebrating His birth, may we think of who He came to be and what He came to bring to us.I pray that you all have a blessed Christmas filled with joy and surprises... and Him.


Micah 5:4, "He will stand and shepherd his flock in the strength of the Lord, in the majesty of the name of the Lord his God. And they will live securely, for then his greatness will reach to the ends of the earth. And he will be their peace."

~Today's devotion found at
http://marybethwhalen.blogspot.com/2009/12/and-he-will-be-called.html

No comments: