Sunday, August 2, 2009

Paw-Paw Doc Update

For those of you that have been asking:


We all went down to see Paw-Paw Doc today. He was able to sit up and transfer to a chair with the help of 2 physical therapy techs. He was also able to keep solid foods down which is a good sign. The bad things are: He is completley on oxygen and still seems to have labored breathing.
His white blood count is going down but other levels are still going up.

His renal doctor came in today and says they will probably put the port in his neck tomorrow so we can start dialysis soon.

Taking the kids for a bit really seemed to cheer him up and our friend Wes and my brothers Joshua and Isaac stopped in today too. If you are in the area, feel free to go visit him, I think that is always little pieces of sunshine in the "dreariness" of the hospital stay.

Thank you so much for all your prayers.

2 comments:

SLP said...

Is Bromen in Bloomington? I think that is the name of the hospital? I'm not sure if we will be over that way, but we would definitely go if we are.

Jess said...

Oh, Laura - I'm really, really sorry.

This stuff is always so much harder then I think it will be...I hope today was a good day, my friend...

Love,
Jess