Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Donut Holes,Coffee and Updates

I'm sitting here just enjoying the World's Bestest Donut Holes from Pfaff's Bakery.
They are from this morning's date with my hubby and they are his 3 last donut holes
in his bag. Please do not tell him I'm the one that finished them off ;) AND...the coffee flavor
of the day is Jeremiah's Pick's Nutty Caramel from Nature's Design Gift/Flower Shop.
What a great combination. But as I was eating, I read this: http://livingproofministries.blogspot.com/2009/06/to-amanda-from-curtis.html

And I started sniffing back tears.....


Because I'm getting more sentimental the older I get....*sniff*
And the older I get, I'm starting to appreciate my spouse too more and more.


Despite the fact that on our lovely date this morning (to refinance our house
and we went to sign the papers and close on the deal,AND HOUSE PAYMENT WILL BE
$100 LESS A MONTH!!! THANK YOU JESUS!!!!) he insisted on taking the long
scenic route home even though I was in a hurry.(Because he insisted it really was
the same amount of time) We did enjoy the amazing bakery
particles with my yummy coffee......BUT.....he did get to choose his own way home,
even though I very calmly told him my way was quicker. BUT....I'm learning not
to get my undies in a bunch over the small things. SLOWLY BUT SURELY, this
headstrong country girl is learning that her musicman hubby has alot of wisdom.


Our fence project is almost ready to start as I finally got ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the people
of the village that were necessary to get our permit.....I never saw such running around in
my life. I kid you not, I had to hunt the mayor down where he was mowing his mother's lawn.
I had to hunt the Maintenance Manager down where he was working in a water hole on
a hydrant. I made mulitple phone calls to contact a zoning person but they are older coffee
shop gentlemen who are never home....but praise the Lord, one came into work yesterday
and very kindly let me bother him too.


Sooooooooooooo......after all the signitures and $31.20 later for my permit, I think we may be able to start. Seriously.......I very kindly asked the City Hall lady why I should go and
bother all these hard working men at work and not just leave the paper for them to sign. "BECAUSE, she replies, This is small town, USA and this is how we do things."

Hmmmmm, I've always said I love living in a small town.....but seriously, must we bother our men that work so hard for us with such things just to get a permit to build my Cape Cod Scalloped Fence?!?!?!?!? All men were very kind and didn't seem to mind but still..........


Monkey Updates:

Wow, how long has it been since I've done an update?!?!?!?
Wellllllllll.....................the pictures show well the story of our lives.

Gabe continues to grow like a weed and will probably pass all my brothers up in height.
I CANNOT KEEP SHOES AND CLOTHES ON THE BOY FOR MORE THAN A MONTH!!!!!
Before he grows some more!!!! I am thankful though, he is still doing well on his diet and his
allergy meds seem to be doing the trick. We are still believing that God is healing him daily!!


He is doing well with almost potty trained. No problems with peeing, we are still not consistent
with pooping as you can tell by pictures. Either I find poo droppings somewhere, he goes in his diaper at naptime (still not dry at naptime or nighttime) OR about 3-5 days a week he will actually tell me he has to go. Now, if I can just get Ellie trained.......Have any of you started potty training a girl at 19 months?? Is it possible? As much as she likes to do EVERYTHING her big brother does, I'm thinking it should be alot easier than Gabe was! I JUST DREAD THE THOUGHT OF HER SITTING ON DIRTY TOILETS IN PUBLIC!!!!! Yuck..nightmares.....


Ellie is starting to say more words. She's very good at "Uh uh" for no and "uh huh" for yes. I'm really working on yes and no but she is 10 times more stubborn than Gabe so it should be interesting.
SHe is saying Dada Mama, Paw-Paw, and Mee-Mee and Bye Bye and Peese for please.
She has acquired the monkey cage for her crib as you can see in the pictures.....she also is
a better climber than Gabe so she is officially a monkey now too ;)


Jason has officially started his summer job of working with my dad and brother Isaac. This year they have one of Isaac's friends helping too so that should help with the load. God has really
been blessing my dad with TONS OF WORK.......he is booked out for I don't know how long.
It's so exciting to see how God is taking such good care of them in all areas.


I'm enjoying my 2 days at the clinic still.....never a dull moment there either.
I have 10 piano students now and I'm thouroughly enjoying each one of them.
God is sooooo good to have given me these sweet kids to teach and spend time with.


Jason and I are starting the Love Dare book, I am starting a Captivating Book Study group
for women, and we are also starting a Bible Study group with some of our young adults
we hang out with......I am super excited about all of these and just looking forward to
what all God has for us in these studies!!


I think that about wraps it all up. Hope you all are having a great summer! *HUGS*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your monkey stories are great!