Sunday, May 31, 2009

Pictures-Weekend Wanderings

Another beautiful weekend......with lotsa fun stuff. Friday during the day I slept in (sshhh, don't tell my hubby ;) Then met Dad, Mom, and Isaac at the park for lunch....played awhile....kids did NOT take naps....neither one, very weird......but they did play in their beds for 3 peaceful hours!!! So I had my coffee and Jesus time since I couldn't drag my rear outa bed in the mornin.

That night we went to some friends that are in our church family. Had an AMAZING evening of yummy yummy food, great fellowship, and BLISSFUL hanging out with adults as the older kids took our kids under their wings and PLAYED WITH THEM ALL NIGHT LONG.......If any of you know Jon and Melinda Bachtold, they have the greatest kids ever and I will be hiring them to do some serious babysitting soonly!!!! Gabe came home that night with a life sized stuff dog (he's allergic to the real thing AND allergic to dust, so we took all stuffed animals away, but it breaks my heart how he wants to pet dogs, so he is so sweet how he carries this dog everywhere with him. )

Saturday morning was another good morning....we had beautiful weather all weekend!!! I met up with my friend Lisa (and forgot to get pictures ;( who was home for the weekend up from St. Louis and enjoyed the fantasical tea room in town and good talking. Then it was off to pick up my Mom to go shopping, eating, and hanging out WITH NO MONKIES!!!!! This is a rare treat for the 2 of us as we usually always have the kiddos......it was the funnest 8 hours ever!!! We found good deals on cute clothes and had some yummy Lonestar!!! AND......I purchased a fence!!! Finally!!!!! Good deals going on at Menards too! I'll have to post when we get the project going.

Oh, and all these pictures of this beautiful baby is sweet little 11 day old Hannah Grace....born to my cousin/big sis Marci and her husband. Big sisters Jess, Emma, Leah, Abby, and big brother Drew welcomed her home. Isn't she just precious?!?!??


And her beautiful Mama too of course ;)

We headed over to hang out with our old church family today and had another great day of hanging out, fellowship and good food. And a not too shabby family photo ;)

We went to Susie's after church.....the lady I lived with for 9 mths when I moved to Watseka, before I got married. It brought back lotsa sweet memories when I put Ellie down for her nap in my old room there. Seemed like forever ago!

The guys always like to sneak a good game of RISK in when we get together.....

It was an extra special day because my brother Joshua was with us too.....he is dating one of our friends Nickole....who is Susie's niece and she also goes to Living Hope where we used to attend.

There was so much fun stuff for our kids to do......Gabe got no nap and went to sleep fast tonite after playing so hard all day.
I am always trying to come up with new and fun things to keep the kids occupied....they LOVE to play in water so we got out the tupperware and gave toys baths ;)

I think I know what we will be doing ALL SUMMER LONG!!!!


The monkies escaping the parents who are trying to put their jammies on.....what a circus....

Our happy little bundle of energy....that is becoming quite the spitfire...

The other night at Dad and Mom's, Gabe went and laid down on the couch next to Paw-Paw
and said, "I don't feel good......I don't feel good." He thought my Dad was sick, but then when he found out he was only taking a nap, he suddenly felt better and thought a nap wasn't necessary.



A typical Ellie shot.....running with food smeared all over her face, happy as can be......

Don't you just wanna come play ball at our house!?!?!?!?


Hava happy week from all of the monkies at the Stroughs!!!! *HUGS*

3 comments:

SLP said...

It was great to see you! You got some cute shots of Hannah:) My mom got some more cute family shots of you guys! See you soon! Let's not go as long this time without getting together...Sally

Anonymous said...

Your hair looks cute!
Em

Kim said...

Great pics-all of them. Thanks for posting Hannah. She's another Stone cutie. Our front yard looks like your backyard. We have the "fleet" of trikes, trucks, and other riding toys taking up TONS of space in the garage.