Sunday, March 29, 2009

Pictures-Weekend Recap

We had another great weekend....I'll put up the first set of pictures tonite and the others tomorrow night as I have way too many! Friday I enjoyed a lunch date with my Mom at the new tea room in Fairbury, then we went clothes shopping for the kids and got some sweet deals!!!
Friday night we headed to Paw-Paw Doc's for supper and evening. Saturday morning I went to a spring luncheon with my Mom and took my friend/"big sis" Kathy and had a fun couple hours of yummy food, fellowship, and entertainment. Then Jason and I headed up to Chicago with Isaac and Chelsey to see Chris Tomlin. The weather was crazy........we drove in about 1 1/2 hours of POURING rain and wind but it let up the closer we got there.
We were in the Sears Center Arena and managed to get the tickets that seated us at the VERY top top row and I am VERY scared of heights!!!! It took me a bit to relax and quit looking down!!



Israel Houghton and New Breed opened up for Chris and lead us into some amazing worship.

Chris Tomlin is one of the most annointed and humble worship leaders I know....he is always such a blessing and the power of the Holy Spirit was so powerful last night. It was an incredible night of just entering into the prescence of the Lord with THOUSANDS of brothers and sisters in Christ. (It was a sold out concert) There are no words to describe the atmosphere....and there are no words to describe what is felt in the heart when God reaches out and just touches us in such a way thru worship and praise.
Some people say, praise and worship music is a bad thing because it is very emotional.
To this comment, I reply: God is the one who created us with so much detail. He is the one who gave us our emotions. I can't imagine how it blesses our Father to not only put our emotions into worship but putting our heart, body, and soul, and mind into it also. We were created to worship. It's all over in The Word the ways of praise and worship.

Israel was a HUGE blessing also....an incredible musician and an amazing testimony. Oh, if we could just go back to that arena and spend DAYS worshipping our King in such a way!!!

2 comments:

Bryan & Whitney said...

Looks like fun. Good pics for being so far away!

mjvan said...

Olivia was there too. It sounds like it was a powerful night.