Thursday, February 19, 2009

Pictures-I Love Our Kids

I never thought I'd allow anyone to watch our kids except for the Grammas.....but God has blessed us with some mighty fine young ladies that do the job well.
Kamryn is one of the favorites.....and they do have alot of fun....


Since going back to work part-time, I've found myself falling deeper in love with the kids.
I feel like a better mom......I don't find myself losing my patience as quickly because I actually
am not with them 24/7 anymore. I have nothing against stay-at-home mamas that do it full time.....I actually take a huge bow to them. But after praying almost a year about going back part time, it has been good because God is good to provide in all areas. Maybe someday I'll be back
at home 24/7 but for right now......I'm having fun at work AND at home!
Suddenly it's not such a big deal to stop and play.....why I always thought there was something more important to do I have no idea. There is much to do.....the laundry, baking, cleaning, none of it ever stops. But eventually, kids do stop being little people.....so for now, I will linger in these precious moments.

Gabe has become more defiant the closer he gets to 3.......he thinks he owns the world and everything in it. He thinks he does NOT own the royal throne of the john. He has absolutley no interest in the potty throne. Sad sad day........I am praying he wants to be the King of the royal throne soonly.....seriously....it will happen one day, right?

More superly fantastic babysitters....Savannah and Sadie

Little Miss Ellie has gotten more of a mind of her own lately too....She seems to enjoy following her brother's footsteps very, very, very closely.......wow do we have our hands full with these lil monkies....BUT.....Like I said...God is good and what He has created and given to us is good ;)
And really.....life was so boring before them!!!

Here she is attempting to wake him up from his nap and he was liking it not one bit.
I know.....you see the purple pillowcase??? Yes, well purple is a royal color ;) And sometimes the royal queen of this castle doesn't always get laundry done in speedy manner, so the men of the house have found out that most colors can become manly!!!

A sight that stopped me in my tracks....reading together....what a pair ;)

Baby Blue Eyes.....such a joy......

She loves the camera....and loves to look at the pictures after they are taken.
I just realized I probably take more pictures of her right now than Gabe, but I have so many
more pictures of him in frames around the house.....how crazy is that???
There is always an adventure of some sort with these two and Ellie is sure to follow whatever Gabe invents and creates for them to do.

And then sometimes, she just gets bossy and shows him that she is creative too ;)

Have I told you yet how much I love these 2 little pipsqueeks? Love, Love, Love them......
And so thankful that we have had healthiness lately!! Praise God!


Gabe brought Mommy/Ellie a rose for Valentine's Day (along with a bouquet from Daddy!)
and it was super cute when Gabe came running in the house and threw it at my feet.
Wow....what a guy ;) I couldn't help but laugh!
And it's moments like this that just make every squabble, every temper tantrum, every disobedient moment, every poopy diaper, every runny nose, EVERYTHING worth it!!


PS. To My Hubby....Thank you for an awesome Valentine's Day....you are the best of the best!

And this now is Ellie telling me it's time to go to bed......Good Night Friendys!!!

3 comments:

mjvan said...

Cute pictures! I have been slacking in picture taking lately. And I really need to get the video camera rolling more. Kinley is doing all kinds of cute things that I don't want to forget.

Julia Bauer said...

I very much understand what you mean about the working thing. I love Harrison so much, and being his momma is one of my favorite things, but I know for me, I wouldn't be as good of a mom if I stayed home. I have much respect for those moms who do, especially since we are lucky to have a stay at home mom watch Harrison. :)

Marie Stork said...

Cute update--love all your pictures. :) We should plan another get together once we have some nicer weatehr!