Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Baskets for Blake

This picture was in our local paper today. Every point my brother Isaac makes at his ball games, he points towards Heaven. On Valentine's Day, it will be 1 year already that Blake went to be with Jesus. I cry even as I type this. Some days I just get angry and wonder why some are not healed here on earth. "Some day we'll understand it better, all by and by."

I am so proud of Isaac for continuing to shine his light for Jesus even amidst the pain of losing his best friend. God blessed us with many years with Blake....but there are some days where I will drive out to his grave and as I watch the wind blow thru the trees and hear the chimes ring...I ask God, " Did we not have enough faith to believe that Blake would be healed? Your Word says the woman who just merely touched your garment in the crowd was healed instantly of her disease. ( "But Jesus turned around, and when He saw her He said, “Be of good cheer, daughter; your faith has made you well.” And the woman was made well from that hour.)
Matthew 9:22

Did we not touch Your garment, Father? Did we not have enough faith? Or was it just Blake's time to go Home to You?

1 comment:

Slightly crooked halo =) said...

This question has painfully been something I've personally dealt with when I lost my mom... something I still don't understand. But, as with other things I don't completely get, I do know that ultimately, God is in control, he's not surprised by anything that happens, and one day like you said, we'll understand all that we question now... I guess that's why it's called having faith. I love your gentle heart =)