Friday, January 2, 2009

It's Not the Church

I ran into a kid tonite that is a friend of my brother's. We were talking about
all kinds then we started talking about God, the church, etc.

He shared with me how he attended a church for a couple years, then left for awhile,
then came back to that certain church because he had felt welcome there before.
He was not as welcomed the second time. As he told me the story, my heart just broke.
When he got to the part that leaders in the church did not reach out to him like before,
I started crying out to God. Why? Why, God? Why do so called Christians act this way?
How is this showing the love of Christ when we treat people this certain way.

As we stood there talking, God spoke for me to share this with him:
"IT'S NOT THE CHURCH WE ATTEND....IT'S WHO YOU ARE IN CHRIST."

My prayer is tonite, that my friend would know that statement and that it would
sink deep into his heart and he would turn back to God. That he would cry out to
God and know that He is is Abba Father and that's all that matters. It's not the
church he chooses, it's The One he chooses to follow. Because God loves us perfectly
like people cannot. He knows us like not one other person on this earth does.

So who ever else out there needs to hear this tonite....this is for you.
Your Heavenly Daddy loves you more than you'll ever know.
He knows your thoughts, your fears, your mistakes, your heartaches....
He knows it all and loves you still the same.

"16 He sent from above, He took me;
He drew me out of many waters.
17 He delivered me from my strong enemy,
From those who hated me,
For they were too strong for me.
18 They confronted me in the day of my calamity,
But the LORD was my support.
19 He also brought me out into a broad place;
He delivered me because He delighted in me."
~Psalm 18

He takes us...draws us to Him...delivers us....supports us...takes us into broad places.
Because He delights in us. That is a love that is everlasting.
In the big picture of life:
It's who you are in Christ that matters...it's not the church you attend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's great you and Jason had a great time for your anniversary! It's so nice to see that you wrote great things about your hubby. All I hear at work is women bashing there husbands. Praise God about the testimony of the allergies. I hope Ellie isn't having anymore problems. Thank you God for your healing power working in Ellie! :)

Laura- Here is Jaiden's website. I hope you like it.
http://www.babysites.com/sites/jaiden08/
we have security set up on the website.
username:jaiden08
password:psalm139

In Christ,
Dave and Annie