Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Storm Isn't Over

*sigh* The storm isn't over it would seem.

For the last 3 wks....yes this is sounding all too familiar....Ellie has been throwin up
1-2 times a week (not near as bad as Gabe thankfully) and having that awful, nasty diarrhea.
And I'm talking BLOWOUTS where I'm doing laundry because of that twice as much
just like I was doing with the throwing up.

The "God thing" was I had weaned her from breastfeeding right before Gabe got sick in November....
so I was thankful I didn't have to worry about pumping and stocking in the hospital.
But in that time frame we had switched her to whole milk and she wouldn't drink it. So we
did 2 %. So October and November she was drinking that too but also breastfeeding.
The week we were in the hospital she started throwing up at Mom's when she would drink milk
so we stopped for awhile. I switched her to soy last week and she drank it fine, but threw that
up too. Last night I tried again and she spent ALL>NIGHT>LONG throwing up.
Jason and I thought it was bad watching a 2.5 yr old throw up but it's even more sad and heart breaking to watch a 1 year old ;( She got to the point last night where she would hold her breath
and turned blue and Jason had to throw her over his knee and pound her to get her to breathe
again. She had a huge nasty blowout at 3:30 this morning. I honestly don't know how much more of this hibity I can take. She didn't sleep good until about 7:30 this morning. I am so very tired and weary. She has been irritable all morning long.

Looking back, Mom and I remember her starting to get more irritable and not being happy as consistently as she always was so I'm wondering if her little body can't handle anymore either just like Gabe's did.

So we are going to go ahead and get allergy testing for her and not let it go as long as we did with Gabe. What are the chances that both our kids have the same allergies?!?!?!!? I was allergic to dairy til I was 1 then grew out of it, obviously our kids aren't gonna be that lucky.

The good news in all this is:
Gabe is a WHOLE NEW KID!!!!!! The irritability is gone with him, he's eating like there's no tomorrow, he's gaining weight very quickly, and back to his energetic mischievous self. He's so much easier to work with....just like he used to be.

I feel so bad cuz this whole past year I have been saying "Oh it's just his teeth or the terrible twos that he's acting this way" (and then I would go sit in the corner and pull my hair out or cry after certain days) But honestly....what if irritability in these 2 all along has been allergies? I wish they had little radar screens to tell us what is wrong.

So I guess the stormy winds are just gonna keep blowing on our house.....and I'm gonna
have to pray harder than ever before that I stay grounded on the Solid Rock so that I don't
just become insane in the process.

4 comments:

Heath and Lindsey said...

Kale comes in a a big bunch that looks like huge broccoli leaves. it is really good for you. This recipe makes an italian soup, very similar to the olive garden's.

Heath and Lindsey said...

We have kids with vomiting and doo right now too. We have only had this for a couple days now and I am totally grossed out by it all, so I feel for you

Amanda said...

I love seeing your blog, especially to see what your kiddos will be wearing. I love it... Thanks, I bought Alyse's dress last year after Christmas.... Best time to buy...How is everyone in your house? Talk to you soon...

Slightly crooked halo =) said...

Same here girl, Gavin has a list of allergies unlike any I've seen, from environmental, to food, to tree, nut, grass, oh and dogs & cats... I could go on. We've already found out that Brandon is following in the environmentals & the dog area, but haven't gotten to the foods yet. I'm here if you need me =) Love you!!!!!