Friday, December 12, 2008

Live Love

"And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment, that you may approve the things that are excellent, that you may be sincere and without offense till the day of Christ, being filled with the fruits of righteousness which are by Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God." Philippians 1:9-11 NKJV

Jason and I like to stick with the NKJV of the Bible. But every once in awhile, I like to look up other versions. Basically I like to think of it as "mini-sermons" when I read The Message version. Someone else's perspective on that certain chapter or verse. In this case...a couple verses. I like what it had to say:

"So this is my prayer: that your love will flourish and that you will not only love much but well. Learn to love appropriately. You need to use your head and test your feelings so that your love is sincere and intelligent, not sentimental gush. Live a lover’s life, circumspect and exemplary, a life Jesus will be proud of: bountiful in fruits from the soul, making Jesus Christ attractive to all, getting everyone involved in the glory and praise of God."
Philippians 1:8, The Message

No comments: