Thursday, October 23, 2008

Pictures-A Day in the Life

I did get some things accomplished today....despite all the monkey business happening.....
A Day in the Life of....the Stroughs....never ever ever a dull moment....

The stick has made it's appearance once again....and Lil Miss Ellie is NOT happy about it.


I think.....today I cleaned up more messes than I ever have in my life.



Constantly by each other's side.....making a big.ol.mess....


Wearing Mommy's shoes and dancing in the kitchen....


His new thing: He closes his eyes and says: "Mommy, where are you?"



Before the stick came back out....another mess in the making.


Today was the day that Ellie REALLY learned how to climb....as soon as I put the gate

up to keep them outa the kitchen tonite, she instantly climbed to the top.

Scary factor: Gabe did NOT do this until he was closer to 2 and she's not even 1 yet!


Once again...side by side....being inventful.


She learned how to climb INTO her walker today....great.....


Her first taste of salsa at supper tonite...barely a face...she is such a Daddy's girl!


This morning, is when all the climbing started. Gabe set up his chairs and she went crazy.


And boy was she proud of what she had accomplished ;)


I did get some things accomplished today amidst all the messes.....I gave car rides in the

laundry baskets......amidst 25 loads of laundry ;)


And Gabe proceeded to think he needed to take Ellie for a ride...she wasn't so sure about him driving...can't say I blame the girl.


Why we have to take all the tricky routes, I'll never know.


And there she is....cameo and her only 2 teeth she's got.


Climbing on the couch is such a no-no, but oh so much fun!
Sooooo........even though I was super Mom and running circles around our monkeys....
I did get some things checked off my list.
1-Got the kids' summer clothes put away/winter clothes out
2-2 meals made today and fed to my family
3-pan of bars made
4-Did I say 25 loads of laundry....okay not quite that many
5-Had a quiet time and lingered with my coffee
6-Did some more photo work (my new business in the making)
7-Some good talks with friends on the phone
8-Good quality time with my hubby BEFORE kids got up from naps AND after putting
kids to bed tonite.....that doesn't always happen so it was an extra special day ;)
So even though it was rainy and gloomy....it was very sunny in our house with our 2 little sunshines of monkeys ;)





No comments: