Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Recooping....

SOoooooo....I feel like we've finally recooped from the crazy...but fun weekend.

Friday night was the big sleepover then Saturday was our town's Wabash Festival.
The festival went on all day long so we all had a great time....except for the little black bugs.
Seriously, I can't wait to ask God someday what their purpose is here!

Saturday evening my brother called from the field and wanted supper and Gabe to ride in the tractor. So I quick put together some spaghetti, grabbed Gabe and Kami ( the last sleepover girl to go home) and headed out.....again......but it was worth it....Gabe had a great time.

Then Sunday was the wedding. Mom and Dad offered to keep the kids so we decided to head
to our old church, Living Hope for the whole day since the wedding was over there in Watseka.
The morning service was amazing.....an awesome time of worship and a great sermon. We were able to go out to lunch with Ben and Marci which we hadn't been able to in soooooo long!

For those of you that don't know...Marci is my first cousin, been like a big sister, was my maid of honor, and we were the first couple that Ben married. Alot of our courtship was spending time at their place and enjoying time with their kids. We did premarital counseling with them too...so basically they just hava really special place in our hearts. It did our hearts good to be able to catch up again.

Then we had the wedding....just an amazing time. Jason and I were blessed to be able to photograph and videotape....and we're just praying if God would open the doors to do this part time. We've had alot of fun!

Yesterday was just a blur.....we were so tired. The kids were in rare form. Gabe is just in a stage of NO listening skills whatsoever and tormenting his sister to no end. I'm ready to sell him to the circus. I do remember that yesterday Ellie found some leaves on the living room floor, put them in her mouth and proceeded to choke. He also got ahold of Jason's new Bible and almost destroyed it. I was trying to upload and crop pictures...etc all day. Then make a meal for our friends who just had a baby...then our friends: who just got engaged stopped by for a little bit....yeah, it was just another crazy day.

This morning Gabe started round 10 of not listening and LAYING on Ellie....totally squashing her so she can barely squeak. He then proceeded to find a bottle of lotion and ate it...and smeared it everywhere. He was playing with things he shouldn't be and because he wasn't listening he got a couple ouchies....guess he's gonna have to learn the hard way. By noon I was ready to pull my hair out. I was taking the kids over to Mom's and we were passing by a pasture with cows and he got all excited because he loves cows. He then proceeded to throw a fit because he wanted to stop and "hug the cows". And I couldn't help but laugh.

*sigh*.....I know this will pass....and someday I'll wish for these sweet innocent days back.

4 comments:

Heath and Lindsey said...

Crazy. Mia has been laying on Jackson, too. Why? I don't know!

Slightly crooked halo =) said...

Oh sweet Laura, I officially understand =) I understand those days, and yet I too try to keep in perspective that these days will be gone way too fast... His GRACE is amazing isn't it =) LOVE YOU GUYS!!

Anonymous said...

haha.

i agree with you & those black bugs,
actually my youth pastor did a childrens sermon on it sunday morning.
talking about how little they are, but they have a really big purpose[such as little kids] ; you can buy these things, like 1000 is 200 dollars, or something like that? .. anyways, they eat the insects in the fields ; don't ask me how when they are soo small? but yeah.. it's pretty neat.

Anonymous said...

wow;
i'ma outta it.
btw ; anonymous was me ;
chelsey.
hope you have a great week.