Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Confession

I have a confession...Not long ago someone made the comment to me:

"Well, because you are a Christian you think you are so perfect."

Ummm, no....I am so far from it. When someone makes me angry, or hurts me with words,
I don't always react in love like I should. My mouth is very capable of flinging hurtful words back. I don't always keep my tongue silent when I should. I don't always forgive as quickly as I'm called to. I don't always let the fires of anger die as soon as they spark...sometimes I let it become a blaze of heat. I don't always turn to my Jesus as quickly as I should.

But sometimes....like today...I seek shelter in His arms and just hide there. I cry out my heart to Him and when I open His Word He shows me these Words of life that encourage me to move on and love those around me no matter how hurt I feel.
"And He said this to me, "My grace is SUFFICIENT for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9

This means His grace will never run out for me. This means He loves me no matter what....and His strength WILL be made perfect in my weaknesses. I don't ever what to come across to the world that I am a perfect Christian....I am so far from it. I too, am a soul trying to hobble up the road to Heaven. I'm not always dancing and shouting joyfully...I am a human....I stumble and stray off the path at times. But by God's grace...I will make it!

And this promise isn't only for me...it's for you too. Because our Jesus loves us that much.
The more we walk in the shadow of the cross...the more like Him we become.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdfnEHo7Vk8
Father....thank You for Your love that never ends and Your grace that is unbounding.
Thank You for Your promises that are true and speak life to our hurting souls.
Thank You for Your strength that carries us thru. And thank You....thank You for sending
Your only Son to die upon the cross for our sins. I love You more and more.
In Jesus' Name...Amen.