Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Appreciate...

Well....I didn't have time to blog yesterday as Jason was home and we got so much done!
Mom and Dad are on vacation for a couple days so Jase is here with us and we're having so much fun!!! We got the garage cleaned and organized...a HUGE project and soooo glad it's done. We can't believe how beautiful it looks ;)

Then last night he watched the kids so I could go out with my friend Niki for girl's night out. We had an awesome meal at Olive Garden and lotsa fun at the mall and Walmart. Her and her husband are expecting their 3rd child so we had fun in the maternity section at Old Navy. And going to Walmart together and getting ice cream on the way home is a tradition we started way back in high school. We didn't make it home til midnight and what do you know but my dear hubby was still up waiting for me with the lights on ;) What a great way to come home!

Today I spent the afternoon with my brother Jacob and his girlfriend...what a treat. He lives an hour away now so it's awesome to be able to get together...I miss him like crazy.

So yesterday I also made a strawberry rhubarb cake....yum yum yum. Can I say that I LOVE summer with all the fresh fruit, veggies, etc?!?!?!? (So don't tell my hubby there is rhubarb in it until it's all gone. He ate it because he thought it was yummy strawberry cake. What he doesn't know won't hurt him, eh?) And if you want to stop by and try some with cool whip...you are more than welcome!

Got this video from a friend today and it really made me think. And now I'm feeling really guilty that I have the means to make and eat a yummy cake.... ;( And someone else out there tonite does not. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvTFKpIaQhM

Heavenly Father, we just say thank You for all Your provisions for us. Thank You for our homes, clothes, cars, food, drink, running water, money, all the material things. But most of all, thank You for the freedom to serve and worship You. Be with those tonite that don't have what we do. Bless them and surround them with Your love. Show us and teach us the art of appreciation and gratitude. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments: