Saturday, May 31, 2008

SuperDad

Well Jason has been superdad again ;) My mom had her surgery on Thursday which went really well....thank you to all for yer prayers. So on Thursday night I cleaned and got groceries for Doc then went to see Mom...so Jase had them for a good couple hours. Then Friday I took Mom to her appt, we stopped back by our house to eat lunch with Jase and the kids then Mom and I ran errands in Fairbury, got some Dairy Queen and got drenched in the down pour. I then had to head out to a wedding rehearsal that I was playing piano for. So he had them alllllllllll day long....wow...then today we were home off and on all day....got some good walks in then I had the wedding to play for tonite. I told him he is an amazing husband and my mom keeps reminding me of this also ;) Jason's reply is this: "I love these kids but I am so not cut out to be the stay at home dad type...I'm actually looking forward to working with yer dad next week!" ;) ha ha.....They will be blowing in insulation and siding a house.

Jason and I started our weekly date nights again. Tonite was our first. We put the kids to bed, and headed out to sit by the campfire....we just love having a fire pit. We had some great talks, ooey-gooey, toasted marshmellows, and a beautiful quiet night. We have just realized over the years how important it is to invest in our marriage and quality time is huge in keeping it strong and deep. I'm looking forward to many more hot dates this summer! My dear mom offered to watch the kids tonite so we could go out....go figure....the woman has surgery 2 days ago and she thinks she can function normally already!!! She's unstoppable, unbeatable, and the toughest woman I know....she truly is my hero. There's no question where I get my strong will from ;)
She's the best of the best.

So after the incredible hot date, we come back in and I'm checking my email.....and I get a note that just breaks my heart. A friend of ours declares he is gay. I'm so broken hearted and very, very shocked....but I just have this feeling of deep compassion going on. Not anger like I was expecting....but I just want to show him love like Jesus would if He was still walking on earth. I just want to lift him up and see miracles happen....because they can. If we pray....believing. So tonite...I will push aside all jumbled thoughts and instead let God do more working in my own heart that I might spread more love and joy. Instead of fanning the flame of hatred.

Recently I heard someone say this:
"Jesus' last act upon earth as He was hanging breathless and dying upon the cross, was compassion. He shone love up to His last breath. I can think of so many stories of Him showing love to the sinners and NOT waggin his finger. He challenged people to look inward before casting stones. He commanded the disciples to take in the crowds instead of sending them away. He went out of His way to demonstrate deep, rich love. Shouldn't we do the same?"

Yes, yes we should.

1 comment:

Mary Sue said...

I had a similar experience several years ago--unfortunately I've lost contact with that friend. God has placed him back on my heart this week. I don't know where he stands now, but I know that our God is loving, and will wrap His arms around our friends if they choose Christ.