Wednesday, May 28, 2008

LOVE

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. -Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Ahhhhh.....today was another great summer day. What a temperature jolt to enjoy beautiful hot sticky Illinois humidity on Monday then get coldness and rain again yesterday. I don't know, but maybe God gives that to us so we appreciate summer more, eh? So today was perfect....in the 60s and bright sunniness where you get a nice sunburn.....that's what I call a perfect summer day. Not too hot and not too cold. We headed to Dad and Mom's for the day and had great fun. They are beginning the process of building a new shed so today's agenda was watching the guys haul in 10 semi loads of gravel/dirt and then watch the skidloader pack it all down. Gabe was pretty excited to see that much tractor and truck action in one day! Dad was actually home so we grilled out for lunch and that was fun too. Grampa Doc and Daddy took a break from school and joined us....what a treat. We ate outside and got some nice tans! Then this afternoon Jacob and I did the mowing.....one last time of having 2 mowers going at it...oh the memories of having mower races. Dad and Joshua actually bought a new one that's really fast...so we sold the other 2 and are going down to 1. So today I used the Cub Cadet one last time.....Good bye Cubby! I will miss you....although you are going to a good home (my brother Daniel) so i can visit you anytime ;) I must go apply aloe to my sunburn now. How is it, that one arm fried worse than the other??? Interesting I must say.

Hava good night! Love n Hugs...Laura

No comments: