Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Laundry Galore

So, latley I've been feeling like I just can't keep up with laundry.....*sigh*
Gabe slept in til 9:30 this morning (which is what he used to sleep til Ellie was born) and that is late for him, so at nap time, he didn't seem to think he needed any more sleep.
After about an hour, I hear him still talking and then very loudly, "I poo! I poo!" So I went
in thinking he needed his diaper changed. He had already taken his pants off....not a good sign.
I disciplined him, changed his soggy diaper, then gave him strict orders to take a nap with monkey. Another hour later, still not sleeping.... I hear, "I pee! I pee!" When I opened his door I was hit in the face with the stench of pee. When I looked in, he had taken his pants and diaper off this time and peed everywhere he possibly could in bed. His pillow was soaked.....there were huge puddles everywhere!!! His bumper pad, his mattress pad, his monkey, ALL HIS BLANKETS!!!!! EVERYTHING! I cannot believe how much pee there was.....and I just wonder how long he had his diaper off. Thank goodness Jase got home early today and I let him deal with disciplining as I took apart his whole bed and carried everything down to the laundry....*sigh* Now I never will get caught up. We just never know what this little monkey boy is gonna do next. Heavenly Father, please help us to stay sane, patient and loving with our son.

2 comments:

Kim said...

What a day! ((hugs))Laundry is neverending at our house too it seems. Hopefully it's just the stage of life we are in and not a forever curse. :-)

mjvan said...

Yikes! I remember Abby taking her clothes and diaper off a lot at Gabe's age. She has grown out of it though. :) I'm not looking forward to that. Kinley already loves to run around naked, but he doesn't try to take his clothes off yet.