Friday, May 9, 2008

Heaven

Today was another great day.....Dad and I finished up our window job and since we knew we didn't have a full day of work we went garage saling. Yup! You heard me....my Dad and I went garage saling! This was a first for us...and we had a blast. I found a ton more bargains and we found some yummy baked goods for our mid morning snack. I found lotsa fun tools for Gabe's birthday....when I brought them home tonite he picked up the toy drill and walked around trying to drill things and would say: "Paw-Paw! Paw-Paw!" he is such a grampa's boy ;) I also had the chance to run to my friend's house that I hadn't seen for a long time and got to see her little ones that are getting big and catch up...it was so fun.

yesterday was great too...I didn't end up working with Dad so instead I babysat for Keegan while Barb went with Mom to her MRI appt. Even though both Gabe and Keegan are busy, onery little boys, they had so much fun together and it was so nice to have someone here to play with Gabe. I also got the oppurtunity to rock him to sleep. It just seems when your own kids are so young you don't get to enjoy other kids like you used to because your own take so much of our time up. So I put both my kids down and was able to cuddle with the little guy. He is an absolute doll. It's so cute, he doesn't say tons of words (that I have heard at least) but when he sees a picture of Blake, he will say, "Bubba!" It's so precious. Tonite I ran out to the grave to put a little cross that I had found. I sat for a little bit and enjoyed the sunset and looked at some of the pictures they had put there. When I got back in the car, my Alan Jackson CD was playing and the song was "When We All Get to Heaven". I just had to cry and thought, I just can't wait to get there to see that boy again....I miss seeing his smile and hearing about his great hunts. And as we drove away, with tears running down my face, I just prayed that I too would be worthy enough to enter those gates....and run on the streets of gold.

"Sing the wondrous love of Jesus, Sing His mercy and His grace;
In the mansions bright and blessed, He'll prepare for us a place.
While we walk the pilgrim pathway, Clouds will overspread the sky;
But when traveling days are over, Not a shadow, not a sigh.
Let us then be true and faithful, Trusting, serving every day;
Just one glimpse of Him in glory will the toils of life repay.
Onward to the prize before us! Soon His beauty we'll behold;
Soon the pearly gates will open, We shall tread the streets of gold.
When we all, get to Heaven, What a day of rejoicing that will be!
When we all see Jesus, We'll sing and shout the victory."
~E. E. Hewitt

No comments: