Thursday, April 3, 2008

Pinkness

Well, well, well.....lookee what we have here....our new neighbors that moved directly across the street from us just got their house painted PINK today!!! yikes!!! did I ever tell you guys how much i HATE the color pink? i do....but guess what? God gave us a beautiful little girl and in that came lotsa giftings of pink attire. i'm surrounded by pinkness!!!so what am i gonna do? dress the poor girl in pink cuz i can't afford to buy all new clothes for her and i do really appreciate all the gifts..especially from my great cuz marci. they have had 3 girls and guess who inherited their clothes? yup, little miss Ellie. and now....for some reason, the people across the street think their house should go from a shade of mint green to a shade of soft "mauvy" pink. *sigh* i guess it could be worse, like hot pink and purple, the house in watseka.
Lord, what are you teaching me in this? oh, that's right, don't judge yer neighbors by their house color, get yer fanny over there and welcome them to the neighborhood with a plate of cookies ;)

got in an interesting conversation last night with one of my brothers (also earlier in the day with a different brother....hmmm) about cussing/filthy words etc coming out of our mouth as christians. and lo and behold, today, God showed me this in my quiet time:

"But now you yourselves are to put off all these: anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy language out of your mouth. Do not lie to one another, since you have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man who is renewed in knowledge according to the image of Him who created him, where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcised nor uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave nor free, but Christ is all in all.
Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humilty, meekness, longsuffering, bearing one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do. But above all things, put on LOVE, which is the bond of perfection. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful." Colossians 3:8-15

Heavenly Father, forgive me for the times I have sinned against You with my mouth. Forgive me for not honoring You at all times. Forgive me Father for the times I am judgemental of others when I should be loving instead. Father, I want to be a light for You in this dark world...help me to remember that LOVE must be first and foremost in my heart. Love for You, then love for others. Thank You Father that Your mercies are new everyday and You cleanse us from our daily sins. In Jesus' Name...Amen.

No comments: