Friday, April 4, 2008

Going Down Under

GOING DOWN UNDER
By Laura Strough (from the files of 2007)

This morning I walked into the living room, and looked out our big picture window. There was the craziest and funniest sight ever!! A little squirrel was playing ON TOP of our evergreen bushes, trying frantically to stay on top amidst all the holes and gaps in the dense leaves. It was easy to see he was enjoying his little adventure, but soon, he realized, there wasn’t anything more on top of the bushes, than a nice view of the neighborhood around him. So, he swished his tail, and went back DOWN UNDER.
As I chuckled and walked away, I thought, okay Lord…what are you trying to show me or speak to me thru this funny little squirrel? My Father quickly answered me this time as I picked up my Bible to begin my “coffee and Jesus” time. I opened to this passage: “This the meaning of the parable: The seed is the Word of God. Those along the path are the ones who hear, and then the devil comes and takes away the word from their hearts, so that they may not believe and be saved. Those on the rock are the ones who receive the word with joy when they hear it, but they have no root. They believe for a while, but in the time of testing they fall away. The seed that fell among the thorns stands for those who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by life’s worries, riches and pleasures, and they do not mature. But the seed on good soil stands for those with a noble and good heart, who hear the word, retain it, and by persevering produce a crop.” Luke 8:11-15 NIV
The Lord began speaking to me what he was showing me thru the little squirrel. He said this: “ My child, I will give you many times ON TOP of the mountains in life (or the bushes for the squirrels) to enjoy the view and a time of rest. But like the little squirrel, there’s only so long ON TOP before you need to go back DOWN UNDER, digging deeper into what I would have for you. For the seeds I plant for you go deep into the soil DOWN UNDER to begin their roots and these moments have purpose for you. Deep digging times that begin your roots in the season I have placed you in. As time goes by, and you grow with the seeds I plant, and you remain, abiding in me, I will produce the fruit for you to enjoy. In this, those around you will be blessed also as you produce fruit that is good and pleasing in My eyes. But you must not try to skip the processes of growing and get back quickly ON TOP…stay with Me in My timing and not yours. Abide in Me during the planting and growing seasons.”
Brothers and sisters in Christ: if we hurry thru the seasons God places us in and try doing it all in our own timing, we will not produce the crop that the Heavenly Father is cultivating in us…and that He alone can do. And if we try to stay ON TOP often, we won’t be blessed until we go back DOWN UNDER, digging deeper into the Word of God and what He would have for us in the seasons of life.

HAPPY FRIDAY! Yeah for the weekends...and the forecast for Illinois looks beautiful!!!

Love n Hugs...Laura

No comments: