Saturday, April 12, 2008

A Few of My Favorite Things









So this week has been a not so great week. Jason had stress at his job and my back was hurting. I'm ashamed to say I didn't treat Jason with the compassion and love he needed and deserved.
I yelled at Gabe way too many times and didn't give him the patience and love he required.
But today, I'm thankful for a few things that got me thru this week.
1--My Jesus and Coffee times: I am a "not so nice person" when I don't have these. I even had to turn a friend away this week when she showed up...I was really needing to get in the Word and be with my Jesus. And He does call us to do this at times. My Jesus is the Lover of my soul that continues to pull me into His embrace and love on me when I feel lost and sinful. He covers me and shelters me in life's storms.
**I'm also enjoying my new oversized coffee mugs from At Home America...my birthday present ;)
2--My beautiful mom: To say I love her dearly and appreciate her more every day is hard to put in just the right words. The older I get, the more precious she is to me. Not only because she "loves on" her grandkids so well and helps out tremendously with our onery monkeyboy....but because she keeps me sane some days. She knows what it's like to have 2 small kids to take care of and back pain. She loves me even when I'm unlovable and grouchy. She's my best girlfriend...and not everyone can say that about their mama. I'm so thankful for her wisdom that encourages me and for her beautiful heart that makes me smile. And honestly...if we don't talk at least 10 times a day on the phone, my day seems not finished ;) (Jason cannot comprehend such things! ha!)
3--Our little Gabriel Paul: Strong man of God....despite all his stubborness, oneriness, and high maintence...I love him like crazy! His laugh is one of my favorite things that got me thru this week too. His giggles and cuddles are priceless.
4---Finally my man and our beautiful daughter: There are no words to describe how loved I truly feel after a hard week...after being grouchy at him...when he takes me into his arms this morning and prays with me...even when I don't deserve it. I love you Jason...more than you'll ever know. Thank you for loving me...for being my eyes when I couldn't see.
And lil miss Ellie...what a joy her giggles, cuddles, and coos are too...
A big thank you goes out to Grampa Doc for all he does for us...Thank you for being there for Jason this week, for listening, giving wisdom, and praying. We love you!!
Hava great weekend!
I read this today and it just really spoke my heart.
"God thunders marvelously with His voice; He does great things we cannot comprehend...With God is awesome majesty...He is excellent in power." Job 37

To God be the Glory...Laura

No comments: