Thursday, April 10, 2008

Ephesians 6

Thought and prayer for Today....Ephesians 6:13-18
~John Eldredge

"Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist...
Lord, I put on the belt of truth. I choose a lifestyle of honesty and integrity. Show me the truths I so desperately need today. Expose the lies I'm not even aware I'm believing.
"...and the breastplate of righteousness in place..."
And yes, Lord, I wear your righteousness today against all condemnation and corruption. Fit me with your holiness and purity---defend me from all assaults against my heart.
"...and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace..."
I do choose to live for the gospel at any moment. Show me where the larger story is unfolding and keep me from being lax that I think the most important story today is the soap operas of this world.
"...in addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one..."
Jesus, I lift against every lie and every assault the confidence that you are good, and that you have good in store for me. Nothing is coming today that can overcome me because you are with me.
"...Take the helmet of salvation..."
Thank you Lord, for my salvation. I receive it in a new and fresh way from you and I declare that nothing can seperate me now from the love of Christ and the place I shall ever have in your kingdom.
"...and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God..."
Holy Spirit, show me specifically today the truths of the Word of God that I will need to counter the assaults and the snares of the enemy. Bring them to mind throughout the day.
..."And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints."
Finally, Holy Spirit, I agree to walk in step with you in everything---in all prayer as my spirit communes with you throughout the day.
"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against the flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." Ephesians 6:10-12

May you be blessed today knowing that you walk in the authority of Christ.
Love n Hugs....Laura

2 comments:

Marybeth Whalen said...

Hi Laura-- I saw your comment come through but I had to take the giveaway down which I think erased your comment. Check back and leave it again, okay? I need to get the artwork on the dvd cover fixed and I will have it back up soon!

SLP said...

What did you find out about your back at the doctors? We pray for complete healing and strength.