Friday, April 18, 2008

Earthquake!

Yup...here in Illinois this morning right before 5 am we experienced a quake!
I woke up thinking Jason was shaking the bed or something...I was kinda out of it, not fully awake, thinking: I wonder what that noise was...our window was open so I thought maybe a semidriver had lost his mind and forgotten how early in the morning it just really was and had used his jake brakes. Gabe woke up asking for his monkey and he doesn't usually. When I got in there he was sitting up in bed, so it must have woken him up too. We all went back to sleep, having no idea what had really happened.

Then this morning I was getting ready and my mom called asking if we had felt the earthquake. I had already forgotten the incident in the wee hours and thought she was joking until she said, no really, a clock fell over upstairs in my brother's room with a big crash, scaring them all good.
Our friends from up north by chicago called not long after her to check and make sure we were all okay as they had heard about it on the news. Wow...unbelievable!! Who woulda ever thought in Illinois we would experience such excitement? It was kinda neat to hear everyone's reactions as we were out and about today.

I had a great morning of relaxation again. Jason's mom came over to watch the kids and I enjoyed some more garage sales....drinking my coffee and enjoying homemade cinnamon rolls from a sale....driving around, no kids....it was soooooooooo nice ;) We will pause now for a story about the turkey who stole my breakfast: I brought 2 roll home last night from the sale and told Jase: one for you, one for me for breakfast....but right before going to bed, I thought it looked like he had moved both of them so i moved mine underneath the other plates of baked goods thinking that it would be safe. Were they? Oh no, that turkey hunted mine out and took them both!!! Hmmmffffff......so I headed back to the same sale this morning and bought 2 more...and i ate them BOTH!!!! I very much enjoyed them....and got some great deals again!

Favorite Bargains:
1-Brand new looking ireversable camoflouge coat/plain warm brown on other side...LOVE IT!!!
2-Brand new looking black leather cowboy boots for $5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! craziness!!!!!!
3-TOO MANY baked goods (to which my husband replies, I thought you had enough food with all those platefuls that you bought, so you wouldn't miss a cinnamon roll...what?!?!?!?!!)
4- A cute brown purse for $3---it looks exactly like my friend's that she bought for $200...i kid you not!!!!!! please tell me...why do people not garage sale?!?!?!?!?! it's sooooo fun!!!!!
5- Lotsa cute clothes for the kids
6- HOT shirts for my HOT hubby...and he actually liked my selections too (always a plus)
7- a very fun teal/neon green polkadot insulated HUGE bag to do my Aldi's shopping ;) yeah!!
8-cute clothes for me
9-too many baked goods.....shall I list them all?
a.lemon bars
b.fudge filled bars
c. oversized choc chip cookies
d. blueberry, blackberry pie...to die for.....
e. oh henry bars
f. the stolen cinnamon rolls
g. 1 piece of coconut creme pie for my mom and
h. 1 piece of choc peanut butter pie for me....to which we sat down while the kids were napping today and had great girl talk and pie......ain't my mom the best?!?!?!?!?! i do love her so!
And Cathymom......thank you for watching the kids this morning.....what a great relaxing way to spend a beautiful friday morning!!!!!!! i did save money for next weekend too...garage sales in fairbury...and some really nice ones at that.....for all you out of towners....it's worth the drive! Just give me a call and I can tell you all the good ones to hit! (hint hint, heather ;)

Right before lunch Ellie had been in her exersaucer watching her favorite PraiseBaby movie and she just started crying and fussing....totally unlike her....she had her shots yesterday so I thought maybe her legs were hurting so i picked her up.....well, well, well......her big brother decided to douse, er drown her with a water bottle and she was SOAKED!!!! poor lil chickipoo!!!! I have no idea when he did it, but her exersaucer and the floor around her was soaked too....i tell ya...this monkey boy never stops getting into mischief!!

Tonite the kids and I went to Dad and Mom's for the evening. Barb, Dakota, and Keegan came over for Monicals.....all our hubbies were occupied for the evening, so we had fun hanging out and watching Blake's Bear Hunt.....another cool movie. Was so good to see him just smiling and having a great time. That kid just never stopped smiling....he was such a blessing and still is. Keegan kept pointing to the movie saying, Bubba! it was adorable. Barb showed us some pretty neat window decals, tshirts, pins they are making in memory of him...will be neat to have those. Gabe and Keegan have alot of fun together....they are about 6 mths apart and just the cutest to watch them play. They are both very onery though and could get into alot of trouble I believe!

Well, hope you all are having a great weekend...we're sure lovin' up this spring weather!!!

TFTD:
Since I am in Christ, by the grace of God...
"I have been justified--completely forgiven and made righteous." Romans 5:1

Love n Hugs...Laura

No comments: