Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Being Squashed

This morning I was in the bathroom, betting ready and the kids were in the living room, watching Hillsong Kids. I thought I heard Gabe say, "Hi!" But didn't comprehend right away to who....no one else was there so it had to be Ellie. Then I heard her toys on her bouncy seat rattle loudly then her squeal. In slow motion, I processed it all in my mind, then took off running. It was a happy squeal but Ellie always is happy when her big brother is around. I still felt the need to check on them...
And sure enough, I found Gabe laying on top of her, trying to hug her, but squashing her in the process. The bouncy seat was clear down on the ground with the weight of them both and Lil Miss Ellie was red-faced, gasping for breath as he just laid there on her. I quickly pulled him off and she continued to giggle...not knowing she had been in danger.
After some discipline, I walked away...and it hit me. How often times in life I feel "squashed and weighted down" by different things but I may not always be aware of the complete danger I am in until my Jesus comes and rescues me. Sure, I may be aware of the surface squasher, but I didn't fully see the depth and danger of it all until Jesus pulled me close and whispered it into my heart. Discipline means love...and we all need it at times.
"O Lord, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways...
You hem me in--behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me..." Psalm 139:1-6
Love n Hugs....Laura

1 comment:

Jody said...

You always have good insights.

Seth is almost 5, Matt is 3 and Sam is 9 months. Rama-Lama Ding Dong came from the old song "Who put the Bop in the Bop De Bop De Bop?" Etc, Etc...Who put the ram in the ram-a-lama ding dong? I just like it a lot more than some of the other words that could be used. I think a lot of the boys discoveries and antics come from having them so close in age.
Have a great adventurous day!