Sunday, March 30, 2008

Lifting Hands-Part 1







We have taught our kids young (from infant on...okay, so Ellie doesn't know exaaaaactly what she's doing yet, but I love that I captured that moment) to praise and worship. ( Thank you, Susie for the awesome Baby Praise DVD you gave last night! Ellie and Gabe watched it this morning before church.) It still takes my breath away and brings tears to my eyes when Gabe does this with no prodding from Jason and I. Every morning from little on, we have praise and worship (music time) for 1/2 hour to an hour and we also read the Bible. It's been so amazing to watch Gabe catch on and just "enter in" with me during these times.
Last night, we went back to our old church, Living Hope in Watseka, and during p&w, Gabe lifted his hands without prodding....same thing this morning at our church in Fairbury. It's priceless. These are the first times he's actually done it at church, it's always been at home. For so long Jason and I have watched kids younger than 5 yrs old lift hands in church and thought how cool it will be when our own can do the same...and we are there.
Thank You Father!!! Thank You Father for these precious gifts of children You have given to us. We ask Your protection upon them and Your continual wisdom in raising them up to be mighty warriors for Your kingdom. We love You...and will raise up holy hands to You alone...because You are worthy to be praised!! In Jesus' name...Amen.



"I desire therefore that the men pray everywhere, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and dougting..." 1 Timothy 2:8

"Thus I will bless (praise) You while I live; I will lift up my hands in Your name." Psalm 63:4








5 comments:

mjvan said...

It was good to see you last night! Sorry we didn't get to talk more. We definetely need to plan a movie night! :)

SLP said...

It was so good to see you guys! Your little ones are so precious. I agree. I love to see Anna enter worship. Lately, she has been not so dancey, but we can see her seeing along. What a wonderful blessing to enter in to God's presence with our children! Love you guys! Hey, what did Steve and Kathy minister to you guys?

SLP said...

Hey Laura--that was suppose to say, "we can see her singing along", in my last comment:)

mjvan said...

Hey Laura! My e-mail is mjvanhoveln@yahoo.com--hope to hear from you soon!

Mary Sue said...

It was good to see you at church Saturday night. I love seeing the children worship God, and now Gabriel is old enough, too. God bless.