Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Easter

"We need to immerse ourselves over and over again for long periods of time and very quietly into the living, speaking, acting, suffering and dying of Jesus; so that we may recognize what God promises and what He fulfills." --Deitrich Bonhoffer

We just got back from Easter and March birthdays at my parents. (I got the biggest, most painful birthday spanking....wait no, whoopin' of my life tonite from Jacob...ouch! i wasn't prepared, so i didn't get to brace myself for what was coming...always the worst!) What a yummy meal and fun time though. We had ham balls, cheesy potatoes, corn off the cob (from the freezer), strawberry jello salad, applesauce, banana bread, poppy seed bread, then birthday desserts. It was my brother Daniel's bday, his boy Gage, and mine this month, so we all picked what we wanted. I picked grasshopper pie, Dan picked German Chocolate cake and Gage got a big choc chip cookie...they were all sooooooo great....my mom is the best cook ever!!! So now, I'm feeling so very very fat.....and heavy laden with food in my tummy. But I'm also feeling so very thankful for family, for precious times together like tonite when we sang hymns around the piano...for abundant food that so many don't have...for Jesus dying on the cross for me.

Be blessed this weekend in knowing no matter where you are in life right now, you are so very loved by our Heavenly Father!!

Love n Hugs....Laura

No comments: